Sunday, May 16, 2010

Saints 2009-2010: The Move - Part Deux

Back by popular demand, we bring you our thoughts on which actors might be cast in a fictitious Saints movie.


Our last post we tried to get all the biggies (Breesus, Payton, Porter, Sharper, Bush, etc).  But there are so many other crucial people we forgot!  So, here we go.

Gregg Williams as played by Bill Sage
I'm not entirely sure if you know Bill Sage.  To be honest, it took me like....3 hours to figure out what his name was.  I kept asking people if they knew who he was, and I would describe him as, "you know...he's that actor! who looks like Gregg Williams! And he screams a lot."  Then I remembered he was in the movie American Psycho.  PERFECT.  Gregg Williams is known to have a big of a fiery personality, so the actor who plays him has to be able to deliver a dressing down with gusto.  Done and Done. 

Jonathan Vilma as played by Anthony Mackie
Do you not know who Anthony Mackie is? Then you are a BAD NEW ORLEANIAN.  Anthony Mackie is one of our own! He is a born and raised is our fair city!  And, in case you didn't know, he was also in the Oscar winning movie, "The Hurt Locker."  His career has nowhere to go but up.  Also, I met his cousin (a NOPD officer), and he told me Mackie is a HUGE Saints fan.  Mackie went down to Miami for the Super Bowl and stayed in Matt Damon's condo, apparently.  We gotta give him some love. I think he has the chops to play the relatively understated, yet strong, Vilma.  

Jahri Evans as played by Anthony Anderson
I have decided to forgive Anthony Anderson for the television catastrophe hot mess trainwreck that was K-Ville.   I also do love me some Detective Bernard on original flavor Law and Order.  Jahri Evans is not one to run his mouth a lot, and Anthony Anderson is a television actor...so he will be content getting a role in a motion picture with little-to-no lines.  

Scott Fujita as played by Dean Cain 
 I LOVE SCOTT FUJITA.  I actually need to restrain myself right now, because this could quickly devolve into a ranting about my undying and unrequited love of Scott Fujita.  Scott Fujita represents everything I look for in a man: tall, brown hair, educated, eloquent, and could easily beat up someone.  The Quintuple Threat.  Sigh. In any event -- I took me forever to think of an actor to play him.  To be honest, I don't know if I am even sold on Dean Cain, but he has a nice head of hair like Fujita does.  And he played Superman! Of course, that was like....10 years ago.  But whatever.  He could get in fighting shape again if someone were paying him enough. 

Anthony Hargrove as played by Kenan Thompson
 Hargrove, nicknamed "motormouth" by his teammates, is known to be a personality.  So that is why I decided to pick SNL's Kenan Thompson.  Hargrove has battled with his own demons, which is why I decided to go the Kenan route over, perhaps, a Tracy Morgan route.  Thompson can do some serious dramatic acting.  I mean, did you ever see the Nickelodeon tv program "Kenan and Kel?" He got into some H E A V Y plot lines.  Plus, I love me some DeAndre Cole.  

And finally...without further ado: 
Brett Favre as played by Clint Eastwood

I mean, let's be honest here: who ELSE could play Favre but the original gunslinger himself?  And the comparisons don't end there.  1 - They are both grandparents, 2- They are both (roughly) in the same age demographic, 3- They both never REALLY go away.   Remember how we all thought that Eastwood's career as an actor was over?  BUT NO! He has come back over and over again, this time writing/directing his own movies while also casting himself as the lead.  Would anyone be surprised if Brett Favre "retired" from football, only to become a head coach of some team, and then hire himself to also play quarterback?   Watch out Brad Childress. 



No comments:

Post a Comment